Thursday, May 17, 2012

Where to Begin?

Where to begin? It's a pretty loaded question! Where we begin really sets the tone of our relationship. You and I; the reader and the writer. So, let me tell you, that here, you will get the real me, and all of me. I will share as if you are my best friend...with no filters. It's taken me quite a journey to arrive here, at the corner of Hopeful Dr. and Depressed Ln. And if I had to describe myself, our illustrious leader, I would say in a nutshell...I can be serious, but don't take life too seriously. I'm divorced, but lives with my ex-husband. I love to dress up, but frequently end up at the grocery store in my pajamas. I watch CNN AND reality TV. I don't fall in love easily, but do love deeply. I have many friends, but only a small few really know the true me. For those few, I would take a bullet. 
My family is without doubt, the root of my existence. Regardless of whether I'm in a good, bad, or ugly place with any of them....I will rip your head off with my teeth for any of them. I am certainly considered the "black sheep" of the family....What that REALLY means is a little fuzzy, but in my view, the black sheep is a good person, that just happens to be the most sensitive and emotional. The one that internalizes every micro dynamic that exists within our family. Sometimes I'm called a drama queen. It's a title that I find particularly annoying. I was born into drama. A lot of it. We will get into that later, but the truth is, I hate it. I hate drama. It literally makes me sick. I do however enjoy a little excitement in life from time to time. I was genetically "gifted" with ADD, and on top of that, I grew up in an environment that could turn even the most docile cat into a candidate for Adderall. So, yep...that means I've got it something fierce!

For years, I've felt that my mind, my family, my life is ripe for reality tv. I don't have a reality show, but I have an incredible reality, and I can promise you, it is far more entertaining than the reality shows I find myself tuning into! (At least that is my opinion...you can make your own decision) I'm not here to posture for a reality show, just sharing with you, here, feels quite sufficient. I'll give you a running commentary on the madness of my life, and the lessons and revelations that I've experienced thus far. Hopefully there are many more lessons coming my way, and hopefully, we can learn a few together. You can take it all in...I'll get some free talk therapy. Today, I find my life in a place that feels both completely confusing, as well as perfectly clear. So, as a 40-year-old, divorced mother of 3 incredible teenaged daughters, I find myself at the greatest crossroads of my life thus far. While looking back on the life that got me to this point, we will try to utilize the lessons of the past to help find balance in our future. Because, when life is out of balance, you can feel it, and it DOESN'T feel good.  And don't we want to feel good? I do, that way we can ponder the important issues, like which Real Housewives cast is the best? How many grey hairs I acquire every morning due to what we call the "morning madness", social responsibility, the place of organized religion in a post-Oprah Show era, empowering the human spirit (while still being sensitive to people's individual frailties), love and loss, whether it's normal to think my dog is a Goddess (she is, I swear) and much more. There's a lot to talk about! Remember to look past the snapshot of life that you're currently looking at, and remember, it's about the "Big Picture"! Welcome to my world!
Check back often, subscribe to my life, and see what's happening in "Jen's Big Picture"!

No comments:

Post a Comment